• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Motion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katy W.

What is the name of your state?

I have an administrative hearing in March on an issue that I originally filed a grievance on, then appealed, then appealed to this hearing before an Administrative Law Judge. The respondent is the State Dept. of Health Services and I'm trying to define an issue about whether department employees who are also patients or consumers keep their patient rights afforded to them by law while on the job.

But what I need help with: I need to file a motion to: request a pretrial conference, and to ask that the respondent furnish me with his argument stating his position by a certain date. (At an administrative hearing neither side has to automatically give the other side this, or their witnesses, etc.) I also want to ask about subpoenas and a possible change of venue.

The Respondent has 3 lawyers. I really want this to sound like I'm halfway intelligent. Could someone help me draft this motion, I am blanking on how it should be worded?

Thank you~

rmet4nzkx

Kathy,
We need your state to answer this question and some facts, I went back and briefly looked at your threads on this issue and still not sure what happened. I know you know about these things from your participation on another thread and you also know requesting ADA accommodations can open up a can of worms.

Katy W.

I'm in Arizona and I just need help with the WORDING.
Does anyone out there have any experience with writing motions? Especially the way you say "I want them to tell me what their argument is."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">