• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! My relative refused to pay back loan. Do we have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blackgarnet

What is the name of your state? CA

My uncle had a very nasty divorce, and his ex-wife ended up getting all of his properties, savings, and custody to his two children. They took out a loan from my parents as a couple before their divorce.

My uncle has no money left and is baring making enough to pay for child support. My mother wants to sue my uncle's ex-wife since she has stopped repaying the loan (my uncle is not financially capable to do so). The outstanding balance of the loan is about $100,000.

The problem is that my mother is not fluent in English. She has nothing more than a self made contract (not in English) with my uncle, his ex-wife, and my parents signatures, and an entry in her bank passbank/statement listing a withdrawal in the same amount on the same day as stated in the contract.

Do we have a case?

HomeGuru

Yes you do have a case.
Hire an attorney to file a lis pendens on all real estate owned and then civil action to collect on the outstanding loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">