• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shenna27

ey I purchased a 2006 Mazda about 3 years ago. I decide to do a voluntarily repossession on it due to so many mechanical issues and I didn't have the car that long. So now they want me to pay $8500 when they had retrieve there property in good standing and they sold it for $2400. What are my options? And why should I have to pay if they gotten there property back?

quincy

ey I purchased a 2006 Mazda about 3 years ago. I decide to do a voluntarily repossession on it due to so many mechanical issues and I didn't have the car that long. So now they want me to pay $8500 when they had retrieve there property in good standing and they sold it for $2400. What are my options? And why should I have to pay if they gotten there property back?
If you are located in the U.S., please provide us with the name of your state. Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Of course, the US state matters.

As to your other question, it's basic math: Past due balance + fees related to the repo & subsequent sale = $10,900.00. Vehicle was sold at auction for $2,400, leaving a balance of $8,500. ($10,900-$2,400=$8,500).

Shenna27

Hi thanks for the response. Yes I'm in Florida. Is there any option I can do? Cause I don't have money to be paying back on a car I gave back. And plus the living cost in Florida is ridiculous and the job salaries is a joke.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">