• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

High school teacher destroyed an item belonging to my son .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Zinger has gotten this post so far off subject.

I don't think Zinger knows what he/she is talking about. And these devices are not sold for medical Mary Jane, Get your facts straight and do some research before you jump in to commenting on a subject you know NOTHING about. They have a juice that taste like MJ but does nothing for you. Medical liquid MJ...LMAO now thats funny :rolleyes:
A quick Google search turns up plenty of information. You can't be bothered though. I suspect your boy is pulling the wool FAR over your eyes.

TBuff74

A quick Google search turns up plenty of information. You can't be bothered though. I suspect your boy is pulling the wool FAR over your eyes.
LMAO let me guess, Google is your best friend and you learn more from Google than school it self. And no he isn't pulling the wool over my eyes as I have talked with many other students that were there when it happened. So see you way out of my thread or please stop pulling it off topic with random BS.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
LMAO let me guess, Google is your best friend and you learn more from Google than school it self. And no he isn't pulling the wool over my eyes as I have talked with many other students that were there when it happened. So see you way out of my thread or please stop pulling it off topic with random BS.
I have a relative who has used the oil form of medical mj in a vape pen. Good day.

CdwJava

Yes, vaping devices can and are used for illegal substances, but not commonly so. Not yet, anyway. Even if used legally by an adult, these devices are not acceptable at any school activity or on school grounds anywhere I am aware of.

So, can we move past that part?

TBuff74

I have a relative who has used the oil form of medical mj in a vape pen. Good day.

Sorry to tell you... but it wasn't MJ..... But what does this have to do with this coach taking something that didn't belong to him and destroying it? When they were NOT on school property?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Sorry to tell you... but it wasn't MJ..... But what does this have to do with this coach taking something that didn't belong to him and destroying it? When they were NOT on school property?
School sponsored event, no matter where, usually follows the same rules/regulations as if the students were on campus. :cool:

LeeHarveyBlotto

School sponsored event, no matter where, usually follows the same rules/regulations as if the students were on campus. :cool:
True, and whether it was on school grounds, a school event, or in the coach's living room, the coach has no right to damage the personal property of others, no matter what Sonny Boy may or may not be doing with it (unless he was doing it right then). CdwJava's advice is correct. I suspect some of the suspicions of others are as well, albeit not relevant.

sparkyybuff

I have a close relative who has used a liquid form of the medical MJ in a vape-type device.

I'm the victim in this "case" and I've tried talking to him face to face, to arrange a meeting with the school. All he wants to do is run his mouth and talk about "the drug" I used. I work for the Town of Kittery as a volunteer Firefighter, and I look forward into making this a carrer after highschool, plus ready to take the nessasary classes required to become full-time. Why in the (sorry for the religious people in this) hell would I use any drug "like MJ" related item in a city owned field and jeopardize my future? You my friend shouldn't run you mouth w/out knowing my life. I enjoy helping my community out a lot. I've previously tried enrolling into the military -Branch: Army- but sadly they turned me down, due to the very last question to the survey I took "Do you have/had asthma? If so do you use an inhaler?" obviously I still have it, and use my inhaler frequently. I have a 3.3 gpa and have no intention of doing pot ever again, yes I have but I haven't since 2012 due to the fact that I actually believed the world was going to end. lol

Any further questions, please due make them respectful.

Last edited by a moderator:

tranquility

Yes, vaping devices can and are used for illegal substances, but not commonly so. Not yet, anyway. Even if used legally by an adult, these devices are not acceptable at any school activity or on school grounds anywhere I am aware of.

So, can we move past that part?
Having some experience at the beginning of the vaporizer phase of medical marijuana and the study thereof afterwords, I agree. There are certainly vaporizers that heat the plant material to proper temperatures to obtain the appropriate THC analog in a vapor way. (I don't think analogue is the right word in chemistry. They are completely different chemicals that become gaseous at different temperatures.) While I don't know why (I suspect to make a marketable product.), THC for the modern vaporizers as discussed by the OP, seems to be a cartridge the device uses. To use that technology to get a THC dose, there either needs some manufacturing or a dedicated stoner willing to spend a lot of time making the correct mixture. A truly dedicated and literate stoner with a lot of time on his hands. I do not believe, without more, the OP's child is using the device for shenanigans.

Now, the issue of a legal vaporizer of a drug is more problematical. Some have used the second hand smoke stupid/lying rubric to outlaw them at some places. Just because the laws may be stupid/lying, do not make them unConstitutional. If there is a specific law making things illegal at a school activity or grounds, that is what it is and challenging it will take a boatload of money with an EXTREMELY uncertain result. (I think a loss, but don't see a case.) Personally, I also find them unacceptable to a youth facility. If I saw such a thing, I might also confiscate it.

An interesting issue the OP may explore is why his son needs a chemical device to deal with addiction and how that comports with the legal issues involved.

Silverplum

I'm the victim in this "case" and I've tried talking to him face to face, to arrange a meeting with the school. All he wants to do is run his mouth and talk about "the drug" I used. I work for the Town of Kittery as a volunteer Firefighter, and I look forward into making this a carrer after highschool, plus ready to take the nessasary classes required to become full-time. Why in the (sorry for the religious people in this) hell would I use any drug "like MJ" related item in a city owned field and jeopardize my future? You my friend shouldn't run you mouth w/out knowing my life. I enjoy helping my community out a lot. I've previously tried enrolling into the military -Branch: Army- but sadly they turned me down, due to the very last question to the survey I took "Do you have/had asthma? If so do you use an inhaler?" obviously I still have it, and use my inhaler frequently. I have a 3.3 gpa and have no intention of doing pot ever again, yes I have but I haven't since 2012 due to the fact that I actually believed the world was going to end. lol

Any further questions, please due make them respectful.
Q4P.

"Random" is a very popularly used word, by the teen/early 20s set. I think your "parent" is you. :cool:

justalayman

I didn't look very hard but the most expensive device I saw was $250 with most going for less than half that. I don't know what mom bought you but I suggest a less expensive replacement

Some questions never answered;

Why were you at the practice?

How did you become involved with the coach? After all since he was there to run a practice presumably he would be preoccupied with that unless there was something odd going on.

I presume you did not report this to the police. If not, why?

And yes, you can use many of these devices to smoke dope. Some do not use prefilled cartridges but you pour whatever liquid into the reservoir. Some will actually work with loose leaf mj. You can use "wax" with some of them and I believe you can get cannibis laden fluid as well soecifically made to use in a vape device.

Carl; there is an awful lot of info on the Internet. I suspect the use for drugs is more common, overall, than you have experienced.

davew128

I don't profess to know a lot about smoking, inhaling, or pot. The question I have is why didn't the kid simply go to the school principal about the matter? The coach made his position clear (or cloudy depending on how much smoke was left), and IMO, was wrong to destroy property that wasn't his, so why keep going to him?

sparkyybuff

Urghhh, we come here looking for FREE ADVISE not CRITICISM! Great website, I love the feed back we've been getting.... IT'S GOING TO HELP SO MUCH!

justalayman

Urghhh, we come here looking for FREE ADVISE not CRITICISM! Great website, I love the feed back we've been getting.... IT'S GOING TO HELP SO MUCH!
So the kid can't answer questions yet he wants answers

And kid, stay in school. You came here looking for free advice (with a c and it's a noun). You received free advice when people advised ( with an s and it's a verb) as to what they believe you should do.

TBuff74

I didn't look very hard but the most expensive device I saw was $250 with most going for less than half that. I don't know what mom bought you but I suggest a less expensive replacement
If you know know what it is your looking for then you'll never find it. And that's just part of what is not functioning correctly. And why would I have this coach replace it for less then what I paid for it???? it's like some one braking your glass window and replacing it with plastic wrap. Just because it's cheaper, right?

Again this isn't a drug seminar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">