• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hipaa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matilda333

What is the name of your state? C
is there anything I can do if an exgirlfriend of my husbands, gained access to my medical records, would call him and tell him what was in there and whenever I would be seen in emergency room she would call him. At the time this happened we were dating, so she would do this to tell him stuff that was private to try and break us up. What should I do? Or is there anything I can do?

lealea1005

What is the name of your state? C
is there anything I can do if an exgirlfriend of my husbands, gained access to my medical records, would call him and tell him what was in there and whenever I would be seen in emergency room she would call him. At the time this happened we were dating, so she would do this to tell him stuff that was private to try and break us up. What should I do? Or is there anything I can do?

If the person still works at that hospital, you can file a complaint with them.

You can also go to the HIPAA website and follow the instructions to file a complaint.

matilda333

hipaa

I have done that and hospital says they only keep records for 3 months of who log in to PHI. So they did nothing, ocr reviewed it and said had no proof. So now what???

matilda333

hipaa

been fighting this for 3 years. I even have witnesses that work with her that know she used someone elses login in to gain access. She was even used as an example to another nurse about the hipaa rules and don't worry her job was safe, but that nurse got fired so why didn't the one who did this to me?

lealea1005

Then that person needs to be notified that their login is being used by some one else, then change their password before they're fired too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">