• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How are class action lawsuits filed & settled with arbitration clause in contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

draco

How are class action lawsuits filed & settled with arbitration clause in contract?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Both eBay and PayPal have arbitration clauses in their User Agreements. However, I've received notifications of where I'm part of the class and read about other class action lawsuits. I know anyone can sue anyone, but why aren't they dismissed by the court and forced to individual arbitration? I'm having an issue with eBay. While my loss is small (under $30) and probably not worth it, there are thousands (maybe tens or hundreds of thousands) of users in the same situation.

Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">