• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I collect sanctions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshstep

What is the name of your state? california
I sued someone a year ago in small claims and won a judgment in which I collected from the defendent recently. He turned around and tryed to sue me in civil limited for the same thing he counter sued me for in the small claim case and lost. My lawyer used the doctrine of ras judicata and I was allowed sanctions in the amount of 1800.00, plus costs of suit. I have dealt with this person for almost two years now. He has a great deal of knowledge on the court system, since he is always suing someone and representing himself. How do I go about collecting the sancitons without making any mistakes that he can use to file another claim against me. I understand that I can simply send him a certifed letter, but I dont think he will respond. The judgment was filed on March 25th 2005. My lawyer asked for the amount of 1800.00. At the end of the court document it says that I am allowed sanctions in the sum of 1800.00, plus costs of the suit. What does plus costs of the suit refer to? If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

freshstep

Wow What A Concept Stephenk

The reason I have not asked my lawyer is that I would rather not have him charge me 200.00 for the phone call to tell me something I can find out here.He recently sent me a letter and I also sent him one basically saying that we are done. I represented myself in court many times against this person, learning as I went along how the liegal system works. This person, as I said, is very knowledgeable about the court system. I would rather collect the sanction myself than pay my lawyer to collect my sanction, which is my lawyer retainer fee , but hey thanks Stephenk that was a real intelligent coment. I am sure that it took you all night to come up with that one. If you are an idiot, please do not reply to this. I previously have gotten extremely helpful advice from this site before, but also would like to pass the stupidity, thanks Stephenk, now go back to being a paralegal and dreaming that you are a actually helpful here.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

freshstep said:
The reason I have not asked my lawyer is that I would rather not have him charge me 200.00 for the phone call to tell me something I can find out here.He recently sent me a letter and I also sent him one basically saying that we are done. I represented myself in court many times against this person, learning as I went along how the liegal system works. This person, as I said, is very knowledgeable about the court system. I would rather collect the sanction myself than pay my lawyer to collect my sanction, which is my lawyer retainer fee , but hey thanks Stephenk that was a real intelligent coment. I am sure that it took you all night to come up with that one. If you are an idiot, please do not reply to this. I previously have gotten extremely helpful advice from this site before, but also would like to pass the stupidity, thanks Stephenk, now go back to being a paralegal and dreaming that you are a actually helpful here.

My response:

I won't help you, even though I could. I'm not particularly fond of people who speak to StephenK in that manner. So, go pay for your advice.

IAAL

freshstep

thanks

I am not sure that you read all of my letter. I said that any idiots should keep on going. I really doubt that you could help me and Stephenk was being Sarcastic in his reply. I am sorry if my response hurt your feelings, but I dont take sarcasm lightly especially when it is in written form.

freshstep

Just because it says Senior, That does'nt mean intelligent

P.S. eventhough you have over 34,000 posts that does'nt mean that they were intelligent posts. I really can't understand how someone can actually post that many responses anyway. That must mean that you are here 24/7. Go outside sometime this month before your life passes you by.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Good for you! Get it out of your system. But, here are the facts - - you're the one who needs the legal assistance to recover your $1,800.00, not me. Besides, to me, that's pocket change. You must be a poor person.

Good luck! You'll need it. :D

IAAL

freshstep

since this has now turned into a yahoo chat room

Thanks for responding with something that was extremely idiotic. I am glad to see that you were able to get passed the border patrol this time without being caught. I guess charging your family to bring them across the border has become a lucrative business for you.
I want to thank all of those that have responded to my question. I previously filed a writ of execution which I believe I can do again. It's nice to see a site like this where someone can come and ask a simple question and in return receive nothing but sarcasm and meet control freaks. This site is full of people who dont have much going for them in their lives. They use their computer and this site to attack others because they fail to do this in there day to day lives. I am not saying all of the people here do this, but I sure would'nt want either of the people who responded to my post as neighbors. Good luck you two losers, should I send you some eye drops, your eyes must be burning by now from watching your computer screen all day and night.

Veronica1228

freshstep said:
Thanks for responding with something that was extremely idiotic. I am glad to see that you were able to get passed the border patrol this time without being caught. I guess charging your family to bring them across the border has become a lucrative business for you.
I want to thank all of those that have responded to my question. I previously filed a writ of execution which I believe I can do again. It's nice to see a site like this where someone can come and ask a simple question and in return receive nothing but sarcasm and meet control freaks. This site is full of people who dont have much going for them in their lives. They use their computer and this site to attack others because they fail to do this in there day to day lives. I am not saying all of the people here do this, but I sure would'nt want either of the people who responded to my post as neighbors. Good luck you two losers, should I send you some eye drops, your eyes must be burning by now from watching your computer screen all day and night.
What is up with the troll infestation lately? Did someone forget to spray???

JETX

I agree with IAAL.
Though I could provide the answers to your questions, due to your attitude toward a fellow senior member on the forum.... I won't.
This is a free ADVICE forum.... and the senior members respond if/when we want. There is no obligation for us to offer to help you.... especially when you have a tendency to 'piss in your mess kit'.
Go pay your attorney the $200 (or more) to get answers from him.... at least he will get paid to put up with your crap.

freshstep

senior member does not mean intelligent. You dont deserve respect you have to earn it

I can see that that the people who decided to crawl out of their hole and push their boney fingers on their KFC covered keys are not lawyers . Out of work librarians maybe. Did you happen to see where I said that just because it says Senior, does not mean intelligent. 25,000 posts, hmmm. You sure put a lot of time into this. I doubt that out of all of those posts there was one intelligent thought to come from your brain. That was a great word also, Troll. Sounds like you better get back in line for your ticket to see Star Wars, I am sure you will only be buying one ticket. At least you have this free forum so that you can at least make yourselves believe that you are important and that you actually know something and someone. I wont be returning to read your responses since I have'nt really seen a good one yet. Troll and telling me to pay my lawyer are not very good come backs. Maybe you will make it into the hall of fame for the most posts for this site. It certainly wouldn'nt be because of any information you gave.
Are you all just sitting like spiders waiting to pounce on someone, I think your more like the fly than the spider. Something that is useless to mankind and needs to be squashed. Now go back and try and think of some good user names and chat on line and jerk off to the web cam. Later.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Hey, FreshStep . . .

Isn't that the name of a brand of Cat Litter?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! $1,800.00 poorer, eh? You must need it to buy new tires and aluminum siding for the old trailer!

IAAL

stephenk

"What does plus costs of the suit refer to? "

you are entitled to reimbursement for the formal clothing you wore to court. I hope you kept your receipt for the lime green leisure suit you dazzled the court with.

if you are so knowledgable about the legal process, having represented yourself numerous times, you are either retarded or intentionally dense to not know what the simple term "costs of suit" means.

It seems the guy you are trying to collect from is much smarter than you and you need all the help you can get. unfortunately it will not be from anyone at this site.

stephenk

"He recently sent me a letter and I also sent him one basically saying that we are done."

So even your attorney agrees that you are a boor and would rather live a happier life without your $200.

freshstep

Stephenk do you need some help?

When you want to have a comeback, you should really try to spell your words correctly, are you illiterate or just stupid? I suppose both, Yes? ok , yes. I am sure that you have better things to do than to be here. Like to feed your turtles or maybe go and catch the bus to go to the grocery store. Maybe you should go back and stand in line for your Star Wars ticket. Maybe you can try to get your Pinto station wagon running again. Maybe you can go over to your mothers house and ask for a loan so you can get that new Web Cam you have been wanting for so long.
The responses I have seen have been extremely poor. I thought that you could do a better job than you have. Very Sad, See you later retardo montalban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">