• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I file a auto negligence civil complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jensen1328

:confused: What is the name of your state? florida
I am having to file a civil complaint against the person that drove 90 mph down my residential street and hit my legally parked truck. We have the same insurance company but I had to file against their policy. There were no injuries on my part. The insurance company has jerked me around since october 15, 2004. I have sent letters and docs to them which they have choose to ignore. When I file a complaint do I also name the insurance company? Am I able to go after the insurance for for bad faith?
When the original complaint is filed what other forms need to be filed with them?
I am really getting desperate as this accident that I had NO control over has turned my life upside down. Any assistance you can give me will be deeply appreciated. Thank you!

racer72

You sue in order, the driver of the vehicle, then the registered owner(s). You can't sue the insurance company, they were not a negligent party to the lawsuit. They will provide counsel to those sued and will pay any judgment, if granted, up to the policy limits. You will most likely require the services of an attorney. Because you did not have full coverage, as you stated in your previous post, the insurance company will not provide any help to you.

jensen1328

attorney's won't take property damage cases

Thank you for your quick responce. I kind of thought the insurance company shouldn't be listed but I wasn't sure. As far as needing legal council I have tried to find an attorney that would take this case but because there were no injuries they're not interested. I did have one that gave me advice and sample forms for filing in small claims court but he said that if it goes to the next court you have to create your own. He didn't want to take my case because of the cost involved in going to court. He did say that if he won the lottery he would represent people like me that can't afford legal help, but that doesn't help me now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">