• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I motion the court if the plaintiff atty won't contact me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hackman72

The case is in Georgia.

Here's the cliff notes...

Got a divorce, ex lost the house (2011) and didn't refinance to get my name off the load docs. I'm defending myself pro se and about to go to trial. I've done discovery and have my case set and ready to go.

The problem...

We've been ordered by the court to meet (plaintiff and defendant) to complete the "Consolidated Pretrial Order" together to be filed on February 24th with a March 7th court date. Plaintiff's atty has yet to reply to any phone calls and hasn't contacted me yet about the order.

The question...

I need to know how to file the motion with the court to have my part entered before trial even if they don't. I'll have a slam dunk win if I do. Do I prepare and attach my part to the motion? Do I only file the motion and wait for the judge to respond? (without it, I can't present my evidence.) Do I file it on the due date? The day after?

I've come a long way and have what I need to beat the big banks and don't want to blow it on a technicality. The ex has counsel but he's basically useless when I contact him.

Last edited:

Paul84

The case is in Georgia.

Here's the cliff notes...

Got a divorce, ex lost the house (2011) and didn't refinance to get my name off the load docs. I'm defending myself pro se and about to go to trial. I've done discovery and have my case set and ready to go.

The problem...

We've been ordered by the court to meet (plaintiff and defendant) to complete the "Consolidated Pretrial Order" together to be filed on February 24th with a March 7th court date. Plaintiff's atty has yet to reply to any phone calls and hasn't contacted me yet about the order.

The question...

I need to know how to file the motion with the court to have my part entered before trial even if they don't. I'll have a slam dunk win if I do. Do I prepare and attach my part to the motion? Do I only file the motion and wait for the judge to respond? (without it, I can't present my evidence.) Do I file it on the due date? The day after?

I've come a long way and have what I need to beat the big banks and don't want to blow it on a technicality. The ex has counsel but he's basically useless when I contact him.
As a pro-se litigant, I've always made sure that (1) I've had a written record of any disagreements with the lawyer representing the other side, (2) I've tried to resolve them, again via e-mail, if necessary, with "please acknowledge receipt", and (3) I've made it clear that I would inform the judge if the lawyer didn't respond. Give the lawyer a chance to reply and then mention what you've done in a letter/motion to the court when you submit your papers. You'll have emailed evidence to back up your assertions if, in the unlikely case, the judge asks to see proof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">