• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get appeal bond when loser fails to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marscamp

What is the name of your state? CA

I had a DLSE (labor board) award that was appealed to the civil courts by my former employer. Again the judgement was in my favor, even better than before, almost tripple what the DLSE awarded. Even though the amount was still less than I was due, I really needed the money. So, the company files bankruptcy (ch 7) and I don't see a dime. I was going to attend the 341 hearing but was hospitalized requiring emergency surgery, life and death stuff here. So, I could not attend.

So I have not seen one penny, but! The appeal bond, they had to post to get the civil trial, I would like to get that at least, but how? There has to be a simple solution, help?

racer72

I would bet that the bond was listed as an asset by your former employer. Your real problem is that if your judgment was discharged by the bankruptcy court, your not entitled to the bond. The bond will likely be turned over the the bankruptcy court and distributed to any collatoral debts listed in the bankruptcy. The first thing you need to do is see what the status of your judgment is with the bankruptcy court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">