• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get dismissed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dismissal2004

What is the name of your state? CA

I am one of several Defendants being sued by several Plaintiffs. Suit was filed 4 years ago. Two years ago I signed a settlement agreement, and then returned the agreement to the Plaintiffs' attorney. However, to my knowledge, nothing further has been done to see that I am dismissed from this suit.

Shortly after returning the signed agreement, my attorney died and I have been representing myself. Trial is now scehduled to begin in October and I would like to see that I am dimissed ASAP.

I would assume that the agreement I signed is not valid unless the Plaintiffs have done likewise. None-the-less, I would like to know if there is anything I can do to force the issue with Plaintiffs, or if there is anything I should do to put the issue before the court.

Any information / suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

amcfreek

ok im am no lawyer in this one and thier is not enough information preasent to really help me make anny descicion ..
but what you may look into is california's rules of civil procedure .and look at fileing a motion for summarry judegment should it apply to youre case ..
throw as much steam as you can at them ..
have fun .. and search for a simmilar case as youres in maybe www.findlaw.com ,
youre rights may or not be thier to be able to file a cross complaint on the settlement agreement , that agreement may be considered a contract , and breach of contract may be an issue here , or may not .

maybe i do talk out my @$$ after all

some one will be along anny second to prove me wrong .. so hang in thier....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">