• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get a fair shake?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LucyRetardo

What is the name of your state? KY

I had a case and had a lawyer. She indisputably threw the case. After losing she didn't want to give up a very important letter where the Defendant threatened her. After the threat is when her handling of my case changed. I need the letter, but she refused to give it up. I filed a motion and the judge ordered her to produce it. She did not and I filed a motion for contempt.

When she came, she charged right in bring her whole staff and a lawyer. She lied to the judge and brought the Defendant, who is part of city government. I don't know what his purpose was in being there other than to be smug. Anyway, even though I had a letter from her stating that she was not giving me the letter, she lied to the judge and said that she gave the original to another client, who was also mentioned in the letter. the judge did not let me call my witness, who is the other party, who could attest that she was not given the original. So in a nutshell, the judge went against his own order to produce the documents.

By the way, there were multiple defendants and one of them was pro-se most of the case even through trial. Judge bent over backwards to "protect her rights" as he stated on the record. I am pro-se just long enough to get my stuff so I can ask for a new trial based on misconduct of my atty working with the defendants (thus the importance of the letter). How can I get the same "fair treatment" that the other pro-se litigant received? ANy tips appreciated. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">