• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How was I sued in 98 and find out in 04???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

samueledowning

In Ohio, I had a credit app. ran for an apt. today and I was informed that my mothers ex landlord from 1979 to 1998 sued her for damages too the property over the years and now this judgement has been placed on my record since I also lived there from 1979 to 1997. This was all done while I was incarcerated from june 1998 to jan. 2000. :confused:

Dandy Don

So what is your question?

If you want to know how to get that item off your credit report, then contact one of the 3 credit bureau reporting agencies and they can tell you what to do.

You also need to look at the original court file records of the judgement (they should be at the county courthouse) to see if your name appears on them or not. Your name probably isn't on there. If it is on there and if you are liable, then take steps to pay it off so your record can be cleared.

If your name is not on the original judgement, then the company that reported this item on your credit report has made a mistake and if they or the credit bureau don't correct it, then get a collections lawyer because you maybe able to collect substantial amount for their false reporting.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">