• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to remove an online post to "Report Your Ex".com

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scorned12345

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I wrote a post on Reportyourex.com. I was really upset and now realize that I shouldn't have done it. Even though everything in the post is true, I wish to delete the post. I followed the removal instructions on their website, yet the post is still there. Has anyone ever used the "remove names" link on Report your Ex's site and does this really work?. Do I need to hire a lawyer to get this info off the site if they don't remove it?. They claim if you're the author they will remove it, but after some research online it doesn't look like they'll ever take it off. Can I hire a lawyer to issue a "cease and desist" letter to them. Help!

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I wrote a post on Reportyourex.com. I was really upset and now realize that I shouldn't have done it. Even though everything in the post is true, I wish to delete the post. I followed the removal instructions on their website, yet the post is still there. Has anyone ever used the "remove names" link on Report your Ex's site and does this really work?. Do I need to hire a lawyer to get this info off the site if they don't remove it?. They claim if you're the author they will remove it, but after some research online it doesn't look like they'll ever take it off. Can I hire a lawyer to issue a "cease and desist" letter to them. Help!

Did you not read?

Their own site says it can take a while.

But I think you'll find that what you post in the Internet stays forever - in some way, shape or form. Let this be a lesson, and let's hope you don't get sued for defamation.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So how long ago did you attempt to have the name removed?

Are you the Author/Writer of Post on Report Your Ex?

If you are the author (creator) of the post, then you can send us an email to [email protected] to submit a request for removal of your post.

However, we need to verify that you are the original author. In order to verify, send the removal request from the email account that was used to create the account and submit the post.

Also, in the email, include the link to the original post. We need as much information as possible regarding the post in order to remove the post in a timely fashion. Any lack of information will only delay the process making it difficult for our team to take the required action.

Please note that we get many messages for removals both (legit and forged) and that it can take anywhere up to 1 month to review your case and to verify the email and information provided. Once verified we will promptly remove the listing from our database.

Did you give them ALL of the information they requested?

commentator

Is your ex threatening violence or are you terrified about possible repercussions? In other words, if exactly what you said about him/her was true, why are you in such a lather to get it down? This reminds one of the spouses who call the police on the other spouse for domestic assault and then can't wait to drop charges and say they were making it up, were out of their mind, etc.

That's why they will in most cases no longer let the victim drop charges in a case of this type. Could be the web site has decided to follow this same principle. or it could be that you've not given them enough time, or that you've not filled out the information perfectly. You sound threatened and panicked, though.

Will the ex pay for the attorney to put out that "cease and desist" against the web site? It appears to be pretty fly by night, to me. Are you sure it will be seen quickly? Or are you afraid that this information will jeopardize something like the person's job or freedom, cutting into your support payments? A bitter lesson, once something specific goes out there on the internet, it's hard to take it back.

Last edited:

scorned12345

Is your ex threatening violence or are you terrified about possible repercussions? In other words, if exactly what you said about him/her was true, why are you in such a lather to get it down? This reminds one of the spouses who call the police on the other spouse for domestic assault and then can't wait to drop charges and say they were making it up, were out of their mind, etc.

That's why they will in most cases no longer let the victim drop charges in a case of this type. Could be the web site has decided to follow this same principle. or it could be that you've not given them enough time, or that you've not filled out the information perfectly. You sound threatened and panicked, though.

Will the ex pay for the attorney to put out that "cease and desist" against the web site? It appears to be pretty fly by night, to me. Are you sure it will be seen quickly? Or are you afraid that this information will jeopardize something like the person's job or freedom, cutting into your support payments? A bitter lesson, once something specific goes out there on the internet, it's hard to take it back.
I don't think he knows about it yet. I re-thought things out and meant to hit the escape button on the computer and hit enter by accident. I didn't think it posted, but it showed up the next day. I am really concerned, but all the stuff is true in there. I'm very worried as I named some people in the post by name. Can a lawyer help me? I heard of a site called "removenames.com. I wonder if they are legit? I'd pay the money if I thought they'd take it off immediately as they state. I really don't know if he'd pay for a "cease and desist", but would it help anyway? I read everything over and the site said it would remove the post if the author wanted to, but, I am unable to login and I know I'm using the right username and password. I really just want it to go away.....

scorned12345

Did you not read?

Their own site says it can take a while.

But I think you'll find that what you post in the Internet stays forever - in some way, shape or form. Let this be a lesson, and let's hope you don't get sued for defamation.
The stuff is all true, why would I get sued for defamation? Wouldn't they have to prove it false?

scorned12345

So how long ago did you attempt to have the name removed?

Did you give them ALL of the information they requested?
I've been trying for 3 days now, and yes, I do believe I gave them all their required information, but after researching, I really don't believe they'll ever remove it for any reason. Do I have any other recourse available?

I am not aware of any law which would compel them to remove the information should they choose not to.
Here's one: The Communications Decency Act.

If OP requests the post be removed and they don't remove it they give up their CDA immunity. Most providers of these type services, cling to this immunity like a baby to its favorite blanket.

keepatit

Just keep asking

I was successful at getting one removed. I pointed out in my request that I had screen shots of the removal process as well as copies of my multiple emails and that if they did not remove them I as the poster would sue and win

Proserpina

I was successful at getting one removed. I pointed out in my request that I had screen shots of the removal process as well as copies of my multiple emails and that if they did not remove them I as the poster would sue and win
keepatit, please don't necropost - Thanks! :)

keepatit

they are liars

what is the name of your state (only u.s. Law)? I wrote a post on reportyourex.com. I was really upset and now realize that i shouldn't have done it. Even though everything in the post is true, i wish to delete the post. I followed the removal instructions on their website, yet the post is still there. Has anyone ever used the "remove names" link on report your ex's site and does this really work?. Do i need to hire a lawyer to get this info off the site if they don't remove it?. They claim if you're the author they will remove it, but after some research online it doesn't look like they'll ever take it off. Can i hire a lawyer to issue a "cease and desist" letter to them. Help!
even once they remove it and if you keep trying they will you must be warned, they will just wait a few months and repost without your consent on their sister site cheaters. No where in the terms of service does it say they will. They did it to me. They did not haver my consent and i had never even visited that site. They used my intellectual property without my permission

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
even once they remove it and if you keep trying they will you must be warned, they will just wait a few months and repost without your consent on their sister site cheaters. No where in the terms of service does it say they will. They did it to me. They did not haver my consent and i had never even visited that site. They used my intellectual property without my permission
Because it applies now just as before:

keepatit, please don't necropost - Thanks! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">