• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to stop harassment and false accusations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xraychick01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I've got a long and random issue. I'll try to make it as brief as possible.

My ex (who I haven't been with for 5 years) started dating a girl about a year ago. We are acquaintances from high school. She began peppering me with questions via email about his behavior during our relationship. I grew tired of her asking these questions so I asked to stop.

His father passed away in February and I quietly attended the public funeral. I'd known him for more than 16 years and we had been very close. My ex's girlfriend didn't like that I attended and immediately began sending me nasty, hateful, name calling emails. I told her to stop contacting me immediately. She would continue periodically until most recently a week ago.

After the funeral she told multiple people as well as posted all over social media that I illegally accessed her medical record at work and violated hipaa. She then proceeded to call my work and falsely report me. I had to be investigated for a violation. Of course it came back that I did not violate hipaa.

Last month she and my ex came by my house late at night and let the air out of my boyfriend's tire and left wildflowers (they always pick wildflowers when they go on walks...proof via her fb page) in my driveway spelling "FU." Made a police report and they were given a verbal trespass warning.

At this point I'm tired of putting up with her crap and file for an order of protection. It gets denied by the judge unfortunately. I think lack of legal representation was thr most likely reason. The judge did tell her to stop all contact with me and that if we end up back in court for this he will be forced to take action.

THE VERY NEXT DAY she calls my work AGAIN and tells them I violated hipaa. I have to go talk with Health Information Management. She hears what I have to say and realizes I've still done nothing wrong as nothing has changed and that this girl is trying to cause me trouble.

I'm tired of this girl harassing me and trying to get me in trouble at work, or worse, fired.

My question is basically is if I have enough to go back and try to get an order of protection against her? She's caused me emotional distress with these false claims and she's posted this all over social media as well trying to destroy my professional reputation. I would be sure to have legal representation if I go back. I'm just not sure what my plan of action should be here? Any thoughts/suggestions??

Last edited:

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I've got a long and random issue. I'll try to make it as brief as possible.

My ex (who I haven't been with for 5 years) started dating a girl about a year ago. We are acquaintances from high school. She began peppering me with questions via email about his behavior during our relationship. I grew tired of her asking these questions so I asked to stop.

His father passed away in February and I quietly attended the public funeral. I'd known him for more than 16 years and we had been very close. My ex's girlfriend didn't like that I attended and immediately began sending me nasty, hateful, name calling emails. I told her to stop contacting me immediately. She would continue periodically until most recently a week ago.

After the funeral she told multiple people as well as posted all over social media that I illegally accessed her medical record at work and violated hipaa. She then proceeded to call my work and falsely report me. I had to be investigated for a violation. Of course it came back that I did not violate hipaa.

Last month she and my ex came by my house late at night and let the air out of my boyfriend's tire and left wildflowers (they always pick wildflowers when they go on walks...proof via her fb page) in my driveway spelling "FU." Made a police report and they were given a verbal trespass warning.

At this point I'm tired of putting up with her crap and file for an order of protection. It gets denied by the judge unfortunately. I think lack of legal representation was thr most likely reason. The judge did tell her to stop all contact with me and that if we end up back in court for this he will be forced to take action.

THE VERY NEXT DAY she calls my work AGAIN and tells them I violated hipaa. I have to go talk with Health Information Management. She hears what I have to say and realizes I've still done nothing wrong as nothing has changed and that this girl is trying to cause me trouble.

I'm tired of this girl harassing me and trying to get me in trouble at work, or worse, fired.

My question is basically is if I have enough to go back and try to get an order of protection against her? She's caused me emotional distress with these false claims and she's posted this all over social media as well trying to destroy my professional reputation. I would be sure to have legal representation if I go back. I'm just not sure what my plan of action should be here? Any thoughts/suggestions??
You could contact an attorney in your area and have the attorney draft a cease and desist letter advising the girlfriend that, if she does not immediately cease all harassing behavior, you will be forced to consider legal action.

You do not have to spell out in the cease and desist what sort of legal action will be considered, although a restraining order sounds to be a possibility as does a defamation claim.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">