• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Humiliated and Harassed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

k-s

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I don't know if this is the right forum for this but here we go.

I moved down to Virginia about a year ago to pursue grad school. I am currently at a well know university in southeastern virginia attending physical therapy school. Months ago a rumor surfaced stating I was homosexual. This rumor began with the student than eventually made it's way up to the faculty.

Fast forward a few months, I am completing my first year. In this particular program, when you ascend into the second year, you are assigned an incoming student to mentor. This duty includes being in contact with the student to give advice on classes and books. Other duties includes being the "patient" for the student's hands on practical exams. Lastly a ceremony in front of the school where you walk on stage with your mentoree and dress them in a white lab coat.

To make a long story short, the faculty felt it necessary to place me with an openly gay male student. Due to the size of the school, faculty, administrators, and my fellow students knew what this act was about. It was a very humiliating experience. I would think this equates to objectifiying people on the basis of race, or gender.
Since then the faculty was initially indirectly apologetic but since no action has been made on my part have resumed with harassing comments.

Are there any actions I can take in this matter?

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

Wait, you claim you're being harassed because you have to work with a gay dude and it's the school who's being close-minded? Or am I missing the rest of the story here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">