• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am NOT my DAD!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Redwing1976

What is the name of your state?
Michigan

Today I came home and found a notice on my door from the 86th district court. It gave the name of the guy trying to reach me to serve me a summons. I called him back and asked him exactly what the issue was concerning. He told me that it was for a Credit Card company that wanted money from me. I told him that I have had these issues with this Credit card company in the past and they are looking for my father, not me. My father is the one with the bad credit. He says that he has to service me with a summons. Obviously my name and my fathers are the same, but why they have him living at my address, or how they got my address is beyond me. I'm 29 years old and have a wife and kid, I have not lived with my father in several years, and never at this at this address.
He's threating to send uniformed officers to my house, and possibly issue an arrest warrent for me.

I know this guy is just doing his job, but what are my rights?? And do I have to accept papers that I am 300000% sure are not mine.

What do I do at this point??
Any help would GREATLY be appreciated.
He is comming over tomorrow at 7pm to serve me these papers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">