• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Apoligize

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MdeLaureano

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Utah.
To all you music lovers out there, I apologize for my intolerance; but it's not my choice.

Pounding bass music gives me migraines. Migraines and migraine medication have caused me to suffer mini-strokes, and to have a 'slow brain wave'. So, you could say, pounding bass music is killing me.

For econonmic reasons, I'm having to move from a quiet house into a duplex where it is likely that I'll have neighbors who blast loud music. It's not that I don't want to let people enjoy their music, it's that my health just won't tolerate it.

I've already, in previous housing, 'gone down the path' of calling the police on the worst offenders (the drug addicts and dealers who get high and don't care about other people's rights) and getting them declared public nuisances. This makes the music players mad at me (I've been threatened several times). It makes the landlords mad at me because I'm causing problems. And I think it makes the police tired of me.

Anyway, I've thought that a better way to go would be to get an injunction against people playing high decibel music around me (it's not the music that bothers me, just the pounding bass). However, I haven't been able to figure out how to do a restraining order/injunction for this purpose. Can you please advise?

MdeLaureano

As I was afraid

:( Utah. The guy in the other side of the duplex, I just moved into; is friends with my husband. He is a wonderful guy, when he's sober. Unfortunately, he's violent when he's drunk and angry. Sunday, he got in a fight with his wife and starting drinking first thing in the morning. When he's drunk, he plays his electic guitar. He started in the afternoon. It was bearable for about 3 hours, because he wasn't 'hitting' a lot of bass notes. However, as he got drunker, the decibel level increased, as well as the bass notes. It became unbearable, so I called my husband at work and asked him to call his friend to ask him to tone it down. When it didn't go down, I knocked on his door and politely asked him to turn the amp down. He swore foul names at me so loudly that neighbors several houses away turned to stare. My husband hadn't called me back to tell me that his friend had told him that he was going to beat us up for interfering with his enjoyment. When I told my husband what the friend said to me, he told me to call the police. I did. However, the drunk called the landlady and complained and now the landlady is saying I'm the trouble causer. This neighbor is an alcoholic and is on probation and isn't supposed to be drinking. I didn't turn him in for this. I just wanted him to tone down the music, without me getting beat up. Neighbor guy has a sick baby, so we keep out noise down at all times, out of consideration. I'm sure neighbor guy has sobered up since Sunday, or his wife wouldn't have come home -- she always leaves when he starts drinking because he gets violent. I expected neighbor guy to apologize for his violent outburst. No such luck. I can't get myself to be noisy and inconsiderate back, to teach him a lesson; because it is the baby who'd suffer. I just wish all people would show more consideration for others. Except for the drunk guitar playing, this neighborhood is as quiet as a grave yard. All the houses are very close together and every one else is considerate to not bother others with their noises. It just takes ONE person to destroy the peace and quiet of a whole neighborhood.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">