• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some help ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kaeroes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

New Jersey.

Hey, my name is Marcin and I live in NJ. Recently I decided to get get a job with a help of a security company. The company I found, trains people and finds them a job. They charge $600 for training but they promise that you will definitely get a job. So, I paid the training and took the fist training course on Saturday. On Sunday morning I received a call from a lady asking me some personal questions. As I later found out from hr, she has all the copies of the documents that I gave to the security company when I signed for the training. She has a copy o my resume, application fom the company,copy of my security card, copy of my degree, copy of my ID and driver's license. I asked her how did she gain possession of all those documents but all she kept saying was "it doesn't matter an she disconnected the cal numerous times. Finally after calling her numerous times, she said she will meet me on Tuesday(which is today), in front of the company's office at 11am. So I went she wasn't there, she also tuned off her phone and I can't reach her. Al I have is her first name which I don't even know if is true and her phone number. I went to that security company because I'm sure she somehow got all my documents from them. I told them exactly what happened but they said that they can't do anything about it an it's my own problem. I told them that I want to cancel the training but I can't get my money back after I already took the fist class.
Can someone give me some advice what can I do. Can I sue that company for giving my documents to some random person? Even if they didn't give it to hr, can I still sue them for not takin care of and protecting my documents?If so what ae my chances of winning the case and is filing a claim like that even worth the hasle? I don't know if I should talk to the lawyer, file a police report or block my credit cards so I'm turning to you and ask for some help. Thank you

Kaeroes

I just talked to an attorney and h said that it would a hard to proof case since there is no damage so far. On the other hand I don't understand why I can' sue a company for not protecting the documents that thy collect. I expect my ssn# to be kept confidential, not throwing around the office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">