• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I won......But?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

d11dozer

What is the name of your state? PA

Hello All,

I am wanting to find out if anyone can give me a idea on how often a federal judge will grant a defendant a new trial or change the award amount in a law suit that was awarded by a jury.

I was awarded 6.4 million dollars back in Nov 2004 and the defendants have filed a post trial motions asking for a new trial and for a remittitter of the award. How long does it take for the judge to respond to these motions and if the trial went ok should I have much to worry about? thank you for the time and responces.

Sincerely:

D11dozer

badapple40

d11dozer said:
What is the name of your state? PA

Hello All,

I am wanting to find out if anyone can give me a idea on how often a federal judge will grant a defendant a new trial or change the award amount in a law suit that was awarded by a jury.

I was awarded 6.4 million dollars back in Nov 2004 and the defendants have filed a post trial motions asking for a new trial and for a remittitter of the award. How long does it take for the judge to respond to these motions and if the trial went ok should I have much to worry about? thank you for the time and responces.

Sincerely:

D11dozer
Are you an attorney? Do you have an attorney? What did your attorney say?

It is impossible for us to judge the response for a motion for a new trial or for a remittitur since we'd need to know the underlying facts and more importantly what came out at trial.

You obviously convinced the jury you were right, thats a good thing.

Defendants file these motions as a matter of course. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they do not.

Who was the federal judge this was in front of? What is the case name/number? You might convince me to look it up on PACER for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">