• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this identity theft? Can action be taken for this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iron123

Why do you need these documents now?

Perhaps your mother understands how irresponsible college kids can be?
I intend to get a job and move out as soon as possible, ideally into an apartment. From what I understand, I would need to present ID to an employer and the leasing office of wherever I intend to move to.

LdiJ

Once more this is my fault. I should clarify that I am 19.

In regards to why my mother is holding my documents, me asking has only resulted in her claiming that she is either protecting me or that since she paid for them, I should try and get my own documents.
Tell her that you would be happy to reimburse her whatever she paid for the documents, since its not possible to get second copies of them without identification. I really do not know what her problem is but she simply cannot hold your documents like that and she should know better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">