• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaeiabad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My question.
About two years ago the local police department did an illegal search at my house. I was no there nor did I have anything to do with the search. They arrested the people that where at my house and seized drugs and a weapon. The people that were at my house were arrested, they were released and never charged with anything due to it being an illegal search.
As a result I was evicted, I had to moveout of town and relocate my kids. I was a mess to say the leasr. I was just wondering if I had any case?

xylene

Do you have a judicial finding that the search was illegal or is this your conjecture?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My question.
About two years ago the local police department did an illegal search at my house. I was no there nor did I have anything to do with the search. They arrested the people that where at my house and seized drugs and a weapon. The people that were at my house were arrested, they were released and never charged with anything due to it being an illegal search.
As a result I was evicted, I had to moveout of town and relocate my kids. I was a mess to say the leasr. I was just wondering if I had any case?
From 2 years ago? Absolutely not.

Just out of morbid curiosity, who do you think you might have a case against?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">