• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjstephensjr

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Do the police have a right to forcefully take my children away from me with no court order and no emergency protection order / problem. I was served with a protection order which had no mention of child custody. the police took my children from my arms. upon speaking to other officers the officer had no authority to take my kids, he did it only because my spouse said the judge ordered him custody. no custody was ordered temporary or other.

Shay-Pari'e

You need to explain this further. You state there is no protection order, yet you were served one. WHY? I can't imagine an officer taking your children if he did not have court orders to do so.

rjstephensjr

Additional

Missouri

There was a protection order served for each of the children. The order was only to put me on notice that I could not Harass, molest, anoy, stalk my children. This was done upon a affidavit by my spouse who was lieing. There is a court hearing set on the allegations. The papers had no custody arrangement set, the section awarding custody was left blank by the judge. The officer said the dispatcher told him there was an custody order there was not. One of the children was not biologically my spouses yet the police still forcefully took all of the children. Did the officers violate my civil rights?

Shay-Pari'e

Did the officers violate my civil rights?[/QUOTE]

No, there is a protection order in place for your children keeping you from them.

rjstephensjr

Info

There is not order keeping the kids from me. Only ordering me not to harass, anoy, molest, stalk. No order saying i cant contact my kids or have custody of them. The order states I can't committ a crime against them. I can contact them. It is a strange thing. I can do pretty much whatever except commit a crime against them per the order.

Shay-Pari'e

Look, I can't decifer what is going on. I don't buy into the fact the police took your children for no reason. Are you sure it was the police and not CPS? If this was such a big error, why don't you have your children back?

rjstephensjr

Mistake

I understand that it makes no sense. They (police) admit they made a mistake taking the kids. They (police) said they cant help me get them back because they would be wrong again, forcing my spouse to give up the kids without a court order. This is the way they do things down here.

S

seniorjudge

rjstephensjr said:
I understand that it makes no sense. They (police) admit they made a mistake taking the kids. They (police) said they cant help me get them back because they would be wrong again, forcing my spouse to give up the kids without a court order. This is the way they do things down here.
Tell me EXACTLY what the paper says you got from the cops (leaving out any names).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">