• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information Subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laddin

What is the name of your state? Co.

Is there any way of being exempt from having to disclose financial information upon reciept of an information subpoena? If so what measures need to be taken.

tranquility

There are many ways to quash a subpoena or to get a limiting order so certain information is not disclosed. Dealing with subpoenas is very fact sensitive and can include some tactical legal thinking. If you really really don't want to turn over the information and you really think you shouldn't have to, see an attorney. He'll help you decide how to handle things. Go soon as things are always easier when you act quickly.

pokergod

information subpoena/Summons and Complaint not properly serviced

hi all

I am located in NJ.

I have just received an information subpoena. The subpoena is from a CA lawyer.
They were awarded a judgment.

I am filing a motion to have the judgment vacated based on improper service of the summons and complaint. Should I wait for an answer from the court before I fill out the information subpoena? If its availabe in NJ, should I try to quash the information subpoena, based on the judgment was only awarded to plaintiff because I was not serviced properly in the first place? Also the information subpoena is signed by CA lawyer not a judge. Is this relavent? Need advice please.
Thanks in advance,

pokergod

pokergod

Hey Racer

My mistake, I actually thought I was posting in a new tread.

The newbie apologies and stands corrected.

Oh by the way, Thanks for the great welcome and the kind words(pokergoof)

Pokergod

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">