• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injunction for Protection against repeat violence.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonasach

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have been served with a temporarary restraining order.
The hearing is set for March 16th.

My neighbor alleges that I have stalked and threatened him.

I have read his 4 page written account. It is full of falsehoods.

Do i need to break these statements down piece by piece and say my
side of the story? They are really his word against mine. I am sure
it is impossible to disprove.

I would like this matter closed in the most amiable way.
Should I bring a lawyer?

S

seniorjudge

When he/she/it gets on the stand to testify, let him talk as long as he wants. Do not interrupt. The judge will eventually ask him to please shut up.

Take very careful notes of what he says, noting all the lies, etc. They will be numerous.

Then when it's your turn to testify, go down the notes and point out to the judge exactly what his lies were.

Do not interrupt or argue with him when he tries to interrupt your testimony. Let the judge do this.

You have to remember that the judge has heard all these stories and neither one of y'all will have anything new to tell the judge.

So you want the judge to make a decision on who is an idiot. You make the other guy look like an idiot by following this sure-fire recipe I have outlined for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">