• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intentional false accusations to police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

izza

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Washington

My boyfriend of four years has an eight year old daughter from a previous relationship with whom he has regular visitation with per a parenting plan. On top of that, the ex-girlfriend has a protection order against him that started prior to us dating and gets renewed every year . She goes well out of her way to cause trouble for him hoping that he will lose his visitation rights and just go away. She's not exactly fond of me either for being the current girlfriend.
The ex moved to a different area awhile ago, so the child exchange point had to be changed. She bombarded the courts in two different counties with paperwork, the county where she was moving to and the county where the parenting plan was issued from, so of course, there's some confusion- exactly what she wanted. He cannot call her because of protection order so he goes to location specified by county she moved to. Well, she goes to the other location, doesn't even wait an hour or try to call him- instead calls the cops and files Child Abduction charges against ex-boyfriend, myself , his vehicle and my vehicle!
I am furious!! I was not even with him when she did all of this - I was home with a sick child. This is a very serious charge that she just threw out there, because she wanted to cause trouble for the ex. It had absolutely nothing to do with the safety of the child. Can I obtain the information from the police as to what was said and what I can do. She knowingly filed false charges which will be impossible to prove, but there must be something that I can do so this doesn't happen again.

One court and one court only, controls and has "jurisdiction" of the child custody and visitation arrangement. (To do otherwise in our transient society would create utter chaos - some of which you are experiencing right this minute).

Your b/f can file a motion for (petition for) "domestication" of his custody and visitation orders. This is like asking another court, in another place, to "Please be the boss of this thing". File that immediately if not sooner.

See an attorney, immediately, if not sooner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">