• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

internet forums cyber bullying laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaman300

Anylaws laws on cyber bullying regarding forums

they love to report every comment or post i make when the shirt doesnt fit them.

State Cyberstalking, Cyberharassment and Cyberbullying Laws
Overview | State Statutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last update: January 26, 2011

PLEASE NOTE: The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) serves state legislators and their staff. This site provides comparative information only and should not be construed as legal advice. NCSL cannot provide assistance with individual cases.

Overview
Many states have enacted "cyberstalking" or "cyberharassment" laws or have laws that explicitly include electronic forms of communication within more traditional stalking or harassment laws. In addition, recent concerns about protecting minors from online bullying or harassment have led states to enact "cyberbullying" laws. This chart identifies only state laws that include specific references to electronic communication. However, other state laws may still apply to those who harass, threaten or bully others online, although specific language may make the laws easier to enforce. This chart classifies the various state laws addressing these three different types of online behaviors, as described below.

Cyberstalking. Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet, email or other electronic communications to stalk, and generally refers to a pattern of threatening or malicious behaviors. Cyberstalking may be considered the most dangerous of the three types of Internet harassment, based on a posing credible threat of harm. Sanctions range from misdemeanors to felonies.

Cyberharassment. Cyberharassment differs from cyberstalking in that it is generally defined as not involving a credible threat. Cyberharassment usually pertains to threatening or harassing email messages, instant messages, or to blog entries or websites dedicated solely to tormenting an individual. Some states approach cyberharrassment by including language addressing electronic communications in general harassment statutes, while others have created stand-alone cyberharassment statutes.

Cyberbullying. Cyberbullying and cyberharassment are sometimes used interchangeably, but for the purposes of this chart, cyberbullying is used for electronic harassment or bullying among minors within a school context. Recent cyberbullying legislation reflects a trend of makaing school districts the policy enforcers of such misconduct. As a result, statutes establish the infrastructure for schools to handle this issue by amending existing school anti-bullying policies to include cyberbullying or electronic harassment among school age children. The majority of these state laws establish sanctions for all forms of cyberbullying on school property, school busses and official school functions. However, some have also extended sanctions to include cyberbullying activities that originate off-campus, believing that activities off-campus can have a chilling and disruptive effect on children's learning environment. The sanctions for cyberbullying range from school/parent interventions to misdemeanors and felonies with detention, suspension, and expulsion in between. Some of these laws promote Internet safety education or curricula that covers cyberbullying.

See also: Additional NCSL cyberbullying resources, state laws related to electronic solicitation or luring of children, Internet filtering laws--schools and libraries, and NCSL LegisBrief: Protecting Children Online.

Last edited:

megaman300

When you are actually bullied, speak to a local attorney who will guide you further.

In the meantime, stop posting to forms where you feel you are being bullied.
So i shound run away from people like you that be doing the bullying no im not.

im staying right here and man it out. sooner or later you will get very sick of me. not now but later on. i want to expose you and your goons

sandyclaus

they love to report every comment or post i make when the shirt doesnt fit them
We love to report the ABUSIVE comments and posts you make, in addition to the abusive private messages and visitor messages you keep sending those who fail to see the humor in your repetitive posts and threads and keep giving you responses you just can't seem to accept.

My shirt fits just fine. I think you might be getting a little big for your britches, though....:eek::eek::eek:

Cyberbullying, indeed. :rolleyes:

megaman300

We love to report the ABUSIVE comments and posts you make, in addition to the abusive private messages and visitor messages you keep sending those who fail to see the humor in your repetitive posts and threads and keep giving you responses you just can't seem to accept.

My shirt fits just fine. I think you might be getting a little big for your britches, though....:eek::eek::eek:

Cyberbullying, indeed. :rolleyes:
everyone got something to say to cover there own skins if its not that its something else. right then and there your getting the idea in your childish way. now let me ask who was the one that started saying lts time to get bowl of poop corn and l see what the action? was that you? yes it is you. you dirty dog.:rolleyes:.

no matter how much you can cover up your igorence people can see very well. i seen it happen i visit the postings you commented on.

Last edited:

angiegrace

they love to report every comment or post i make when the shirt doesnt fit them
I don't understand, what comments or posts are they reporting, and who is doing the reporting? If they are reporting comments or posts, wouldn't they have to be harassing or abusive in some way for them to be reported? And if that is the case, then how is that cyber bullying?

Proserpina

I don't understand, what comments or posts are they reporting, and who is doing the reporting? If they are reporting comments or posts, wouldn't they have to be harassing or abusive in some way for them to be reported? And if that is the case, then how is that cyber bullying?

Angiegrace - please don't waste your time with this poster.

This is, from memory, at least the 3rd or 4th incarnation of a previously banned poster who keeps on posting the same darned question and when he doesn't get the replies he wants then complains about how mean we all are.

megaman300

Well if i say anything on a post thats not a bad comment but facts they removd it. one of the users i know of very well keeps doing it and he told me that im not gonna leve you alone. just like the subject i had about the law about doctors. even do i told them yes i understnd . but becuase i disagree they attack.

megaman300

Angiegrace - please don't waste your time with this poster.

This is, from memory, at least the 3rd or 4th incarnation of a previously banned poster who keeps on posting the same darned question and when he doesn't get the replies he wants then complains about how mean we all are.
Your wrong i dont get mad about whenever i dont get what i want.

i get mad whenever i speak my disagreement and you still try to push me into getting me to agree with your out looks. thats what i get mad about and you do everything you can to make fun and try to remove postings whenever it dont fit your taste and thats wrong. thats not how you help people which your not out to do with me really.

you tell someone not to waste there time then you need to speak for your self. becuase 90% of my poistings you be the first person to do every single cut ups possable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">