• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invasion of privacy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mariamaria

North Dakota
Not sure if I'm in the right spot-if someone calls your cellular company and gives your soc. # to obtain your voicmail password and deletes messages that they had previously left-can they be prosecuted for invasion of privacy or identity theft?
Thanks

stevek3

mariamaria said:
North Dakota
Not sure if I'm in the right spot-if someone calls your cellular company and gives your soc. # to obtain your voicmail password and deletes messages that they had previously left-can they be prosecuted for invasion of privacy or identity theft?
Thanks
Theoretically, obtaining access to voice mail by getting into a computer under false pretenses would probably be something that could fall under a computer fraud statute. Next time change your original password.

M

mariamaria

the person called my cellular company and pretended to be me in order to get my password-they just deleted a couple of messages that they had left me and i had saved-I just want to know if they can get in any legal trouble for calling and saying they were me......or do I have to take it up with the cell phone company

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">