• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invasion of Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

just_mike70

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Is it legal for my employer to hack into my yahoo account, view and print emails that were generated from my home computer?

They did that and printed them. They put them into my personnel record. I just found out today and was shocked.

seniorjudge

just_mike70 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

Is it legal for my employer to hack into my yahoo account, view and print emails that were generated from my home computer?

They did that and printed them. They put them into my personnel record. I just found out today and was shocked.
If none of that stuff was done on company time and/or company computers, then they are not allowed to do this.

But I am curious how your employer knew your account name and password?

just_mike70

I accessed my account from work. There was no prohibition from doing so. I have to assume that they used tracking software to pick off my account and password.

I did not send the emails in question from work.

Sticky situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">