• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heatncool

Sorry, new to this. We live in Colorado and had an office in Mississippi at the time the hurricane Katrina hit. We were doing some new construction work for a builder (we are a heating and air conditioning company) The builder would not pay, we filed liens, liens were reversed. Any way, as a result we could not pay our supplier. We left Mississippi in July of 2006. During the course of all this the supplier managed to get a judgement against our company, myself and my son even though we were never served any notices to appear in court. What I would like to know, is what can be done to reverse the judgement against my sons house.

seniorjudge

Did you leave forwarding addresses?

Were you served by publication?

How did the judgment get entered against you?

When was the judgment entered?

heatncool

Yes they had our Englewood office address

We were not served at all

We received a notice from their attorney stating that they were awarded a default judgement

Apparently the judgement was entered May 28, 2008

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">