• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgement notification from lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Addywick

10 years ago i was rearended(I'll try and make this as short as i can!!)My accident happened in wisconsin and I live in minnesota. My lawyer (he's from WI) told me to settle for a certain sum...(under 100,000 my insurance company cut off all my medical benefits after a year, so we took my insurance company to court in minnesota. my lawyer told me that if the jury gave me over 100,000 that her insurance company would add another 10,000 on. the jury gave me 60,000. i won, but i lost. About a month after we went to court he called me and told me that the insurance company wanted their expenses for the trial--4000!!! i was never told that i might be liable if i lost!! i am already 70,000 in debt and still injured. anyway, he said not to worry about it. that was in june of 1998. two weeks ago I went to get my house remortgaged and everything went great until they did my title search. They put a judgement and a lein against my property for lawyers fees.(In dec, 99) The court admin. said that she sent the judgement to my lawyer, but i was never notified by him. should I be liable for those expenses, and wouldn't it be his responsibility to notify me? my credit history is perfect, but every time i think i can get over this it comes back to haunt me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">