• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement shows on my credit report and I never knew it went to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msmith47

What is the name of your state? TN
I had my credit report ran just to see what was on it and a judgement showed uo from 1998. I did go to court once in Nov of 1998 for a dog bite. A dog I was keeping got out and bite a kid who was in my yard. The mother took the child by ambulance 2 blocks from my house. The child received 8 stiches in his shoulder. The mother called me once and told me the bills were $180.00. I told her I would pay after I contacted the owner of the dog and would call her back. The phone number that was given to my by the police was not a valid phone number. I was received a summons at work to go to court and I did. Her lawyer asked for $10,000. I told the judge the bill was only $180 and all the lawyer kept asking me for was who I had insurance through after I told him I would pay the bills if they were furnished to me. The judge continued the case and no court date was ever set. I am in the military and deployed for over a year in Dec of 1998 and had never heard anything from the court until this day. I was never denied credit so I didn't know the case ever went back to court until I had my credit ran. I called the court house and the case went to court while I was deployed and a civil warrant was issued. I now live in another state so what do I do to fix this. I could lose my securty clearance if this is not resolved quickly. I am not paying $10,000 for $180.00 bill and 8 stiches. Please help!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">