• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment for Attorney Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momojake

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

After many family court hearings between me and my ex...The end result was a judgment in my favor as well as a judgment for my attorney fees. I am continuing to pay those fees and have not collected a penny on any of the judgments in my favor. Can I transfer/assign the judgment to my attorney to receive? Or am I stuck paying the fees and sit with a judgment I cannot seem to collect on?

Rexlan

You can assign the judgment to anyone you like; however, your attorney would be pretty stupid to take the assignment in lieu of your payment for your fees .... Didn't just fall off the watermelon truck last week ...LOL.

Take the judgment to the bank and see if they will buy it.

stilen621

Your lawyer should post two judgements against whoever lost
1) for his fee`s

2) for whatever your award was.

then the judgements go on her credit report or can be looked at as liens on property etc,,, sometimes people will offer to buy your judgements for a set price then they go after the $.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">