• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment renewal period in Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tomac1

What is the name of your state? Virginia

What is the renewal time period for renewing a judgment in Virginia District Court and does the debtor have to be notified of the renewal?

Last edited:

jvwheel

hbreen, maybe tomac1 is the judgment creditor, in which case paying his own award would be very poor advice.

Sugarx2

How many times can a MONEY JUDGMENT be renewed, in CALIFORNIA?

What is the renewal time period for renewing a judgment in California?

It is a debt placed as a judgment lien on our house, and has been renewed for a third time, for another 10 years. Originally taken out in 1987, and now set for about eight years. Can this be done over and over and over. Also can they force us to sell our otherwise unencumbered home to collect?

Indiana Filer

What is the renewal time period for renewing a judgment in California?

It is a debt placed as a judgment lien on our house, and has been renewed for a third time, for another 10 years. Originally taken out in 1987, and now set for about eight years. Can this be done over and over and over. Also can they force us to sell our otherwise unencumbered home to collect?
Sugar, it's considered poor etiquette to post your question on someone else's thread. That's what we call "hijacking." Posting on an old thread is known as "necroposting."

You need to start a new thread with your question.

Sugarx2

Need the info, I am new-- how do I post new thread?

I have the same question as he had, different state.

Candy

Indiana Filer

I have the same question as he had, different state.

Candy
Open the topic in which your question relates. At the top, right above where the posts begin, there's a button for "New Thread". Click on that, and away you go. Make sure to answer the question that asks for the name of your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">