• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judicially supervised settlement agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stilen621

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
I have a judicially supervised settlement agreement with my brother,OH JOY ! it states that any dispute about it it goes to arbitration. I violated one clause of it and was fined $2,500, $500 per violation as stated on the agreement and I have no problem with it. I recently found out that my brother has violated 3 sections of the same agreement but there is no set ammount to what the penalties are for the items. My question is that I`ve almost lost my house because of his actions that his violations have caused. Can I go after him for punitive damages or will an arbitrator come up with a figuer if he is declared to have done these violation. He has acted in a egregiously insidious fashion. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">