• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Junk Mail Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thewrongalice

I live in Oklahoma and a major credit company is cluttering my mail with unsolicited offers. I have asked them to stop and was told I was on a "do not mail list". I even informed them over the phone that I was issuing a verbal cease and desist order, that any further contact could be considered harassment and I would be calling a lawyer.

They have not stopped, even after I moved without leaving a forwarding address. I feel like I'm being stalked. Do I have a case for a lawsuit?

May you find what you seek,
Alice

sandyclaus

I live in Oklahoma and a major credit company is cluttering my mail with unsolicited offers. I have asked them to stop and was told I was on a "do not mail list". I even informed them over the phone that I was issuing a verbal cease and desist order, that any further contact could be considered harassment and I would be calling a lawyer.

They have not stopped, even after I moved without leaving a forwarding address. I feel like I'm being stalked. Do I have a case for a lawsuit?

Alice
You've already made the request from the company. Now you need to opt out of ALL direct mailings and junk mail. Try these two websites:
CatalogChoice.org
DMAchoice.org

And just how long has it been since you requested no more mailings? These things take time. You must be patient.

In addition, rather than enlisting the services of an attorney (a very expensive option, I might add), why not just avail yourself of your constitutional right to shred that mail and toss it in the garbage can? Why are you getting so upset over receiving a little bit of junk mail?

thewrongalice

I always burn junk mail. Mostly I am offended by the principle that a major corporation can continue harassing anyone they want without consequence. I have to take time out of my day to dispose of someone else's garbage.

Besides all that, I moved halfway across the country, and no one but my mother, my grandmother, and my municipal bank was given a forwarding address. Three months later this junk mail started again. That's kinda creepy. I don't know how they found me, but I don't like it.

Hopefully someone will answer my question.

Alice

Banned_Princess

I always burn junk mail. Mostly I am offended by the principle that a major corporation can continue harassing anyone they want without consequence. I have to take time out of my day to dispose of someone else's garbage.

Besides all that, I moved halfway across the country, and no one but my mother, my grandmother, and my municipal bank was given a forwarding address. Three months later this junk mail started again. That's kinda creepy. I don't know how they found me, but I don't like it.

Hopefully someone will answer my question.

Alice
They didn't find you, they just found someone with your name, who owns a house (presumably) whom they would like to offer credit card deals to. Its really not all that personal. its just meant to seem so.

csi7

What I did, was use the envelope the offer comes in, mail it back empty. Did this about five times, no longer get offers from these companies.
In addition, signing up for the no mail works, however, does take time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">