• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juror Summons Failure to Show Cause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

88MSolider

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I Have recived a Papper by mail saying that i need to report to court for failure to show cause why i missed jury duty, well i never recived that first papper probally because my Name was misspelled First and Middle.

Well i had an idea this second papper was for me, so i planned on going, Well i had a MEPs site to go to to Sware in Sign my Contract for the US Army.

What can i do there saying theres been a Warrant put out already but i never heard anyone getting arrested for it.

tranquility

You should probably take care of the warrant. The MEP will probably run a criminal check as part of the process. Have you taken the ASVAB yet?

88MSolider

Would you think, Military Duties should come before state? and since i never recived the first paper and my First and Middle name is Misspelled?

88MSolider

And i looked up under case search and couldnt find it under my name that is spelled correctly but under it was spelled wrong and i found it, but the date is the same as my Ship Date?

tranquility

You have a warrant out. That is sure to cause problems at some point. You can make excuses or you can make good. I don't know if the army periodically checks, or just at promotion time, or ever so I have no idea if you will have ramifications inside the army. But, if you ever get stopped outside of the base, I can predict the outcome.

I'd deal with it. You decide what you want to do.

Mnemosyne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I Have recived a Papper by mail saying that i need to report to court for failure to show cause why i missed jury duty, well i never recived that first papper probally because my Name was misspelled First and Middle.

Well i had an idea this second papper was for me, so i planned on going, Well i had a MEPs site to go to to Sware in Sign my Contract for the US Army.

What can i do there saying theres been a Warrant put out already but i never heard anyone getting arrested for it.
Ironic, that.

menchari

The MEP or other military type requirements are generally accepted as a legit excuse. Some county/municipal courts include this on the jury notification. A mispelling of your name would not be a good excuse. Don't even try to use that as an excuse. Use the MEP and entering military service the week of jury duty as the excuse.

menchari

The MEP or other military type requirements are generally accepted as a legit excuse. Some county/municipal courts include this on the jury notification. A mispelling of your name would not be a good excuse. Don't even try to use that as an excuse. Use the MEP and entering military service the week of jury duty as the excuse. Possibly a didn't receive second notice excuse.
I recently had this problem though due to being involved in a case at a different court which required me to be at meetings/hearings, once or twice a week or else. Not counting consulting with the lawyers and doing the legwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">