• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jury Field Trips

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Los Angeles County CA

What is the correct terminology and motion/name document to request a Jury Field Trip to a location named in a Civil Complaint? (non criminal)

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Los Angeles County CA

What is the correct terminology and motion/name document to request a Jury Field Trip to a location named in a Civil Complaint? (non criminal)
When important evidence is too large to be presented in a courtroom, a "motion for jury view" can be granted at the judge's discretion. From the California Code of Civil Procedure: "...when, in the opinion of the court, it is proper for the jury to have a view of the property which is the subject of litigation, ... it may order them to be conducted, in a body, under the charge of an officer, to the place ..."

Links to your other threads:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/who-liable-629910.html

https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/time-frames-630013.html

You really need to find an attorney in your area, Gone South, or you risk losing your business and property.

And please from now on try to keep all additional questions you have in a single thread (add to this one or one of your previous ones). Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you Quincy :)

When important evidence is too large to be presented in a courtroom, a "motion for jury view" can be granted at the judge's discretion. From the California Code of Civil Procedure: "...when, in the opinion of the court, it is proper for the jury to have a view of the property which is the subject of litigation, ... it may order them to be conducted, in a body, under the charge of an officer, to the place ..."

You really need to find an attorney in your area, Gone South, or you risk losing your business and property.

And please from now on try to keep all additional questions you have in a single thread (add to this one or one of your previous ones). Thank you.

Spoke to lawyers they have been quoting $100k and up for the case even though I have a ton of damaging evidence and video plus good counter sue options and also the backing now of the local fire department and city; I have to at least wing it at first even if I have a fool for a client.

quincy

Spoke to lawyers they have been quoting $100k and up for the case even though I have a ton of damaging evidence and video plus good counter sue options and also the backing now of the local fire department and city; I have to at least wing it at first even if I have a fool for a client.
The lawyers you have contacted are ALL telling you it will cost you $100k+ to handle your case? That is not what they are quoting you to be retained, though, right?

What sort of lawyers you are contacting?

If you cannot find an affordable attorney to work for you in defending against Biz A's lawsuit, you might want to call some lawyers in your area who will work for you on an as-needed, part-time basis. I know these lawyers exist in your area of California.

The most important part of any legal action can be at its start and this is where many pro se's will fumble the rules and responses to motions. I would hate to see you lose your business and your property based strictly on a lack of knowledge of court procedure. I am not sure a forum can help you to the extent that you will need help.

At any rate, I thank you for the thanks, Gone South. And, as always, good luck.

Thank you Quincy

I contacted a Civil Paralegal who stated they can assist me with completing forms for between $350-$550 a time and make sure they are correctly completed with all the legal argument etc and they have a lawyer that will guide and answer questions to any responses I get.

The lawyers said I am looking at 100k+

Problem is because the way my business looks it gives off the appearance to Civil Lawyers I must be loaded with money to burn when in fact I put everything into it and spent 10 years laboring on my own building it to a point I start seeing a descent return never going to make me rich but left alone I am just fine just plodding along paying my bills and taxes; if a lawyer takes a retainer and starts mega billing me per letter/motion/call etc I will have to start liquidating.

I know once the lawyer starts up generating response after response it will be non stop billing until I am broke which is actually the goal of the Plaintiff's lawyers to bust me before it gets near to a trial...

It is what it is I just have to brass it out not a perfect situation but crying will not stop it :D

The lawyers you have contacted are ALL telling you it will cost you $100k+ to handle your case? That is not what they are quoting you to be retained, though, right?

What sort of lawyers you are contacting?

If you cannot find an affordable attorney to work for you in defending against Biz A's lawsuit, you might want to call some lawyers in your area who will work for you on an as-needed, part-time basis. I know these lawyers exist in your area of California.

The most important part of any legal action can be at its start and this is where many pro se's will fumble the rules and responses to motions. I would hate to see you lose your business and your property based strictly on a lack of knowledge of court procedure. I am not sure a forum can help you to the extent that you will need help.

At any rate, I thank you for the thanks, Gone South. And, as always, good luck.

quincy

... I contacted a Civil Paralegal who stated they can assist me with completing forms for between $350-$550 a time and make sure they are correctly completed with all the legal argument etc and they have a lawyer that will guide and answer questions to any responses I get.
It is good you found some local legal assistance. That will be helpful.

... It is what it is I just have to brass it out not a perfect situation but crying will not stop it :D
No, it is not a perfect situation. I really hope all works out for you, Gone South.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">