• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jury vs non-jury trial in a real estate civil law suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Avril

Florida

I have been sued in a real estate dispute, The plaintiffs are asking for a non-jury trial and seeking damages. An attorney advised me to ask for a jury trial and an enlargement of time to get legal counsel. What are the pros and cons from the defendents perspective in requesting or not requesting a jury trial?
Please advise. Thank you, Avril

You Are Guilty

Avril said:
Florida

I have been sued in a real estate dispute, The plaintiffs are asking for a non-jury trial and seeking damages. An attorney advised me to ask for a jury trial and an enlargement of time to get legal counsel. What are the pros and cons from the defendents perspective in requesting or not requesting a jury trial?
Please advise. Thank you, Avril
Jurors are dumb and easily distracted by shiny objects. Judges are much more likely to adhere to the law and not care about emotions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">