• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord/Tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djspitzer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I have a tenant that has not paid his last several months of rent and when leaving the apartment did 5K worth of damages. We hired an attorney but he would not follow up on the case, costing us 1100.00. I sent him a motion & entry default judgement at his work and he responded that he would pay $3600.00, a 100.00 a month. He makes 70-80K a year and would like to take him back to court but not sure how or what to file. The courts won't help me, their reply is, hire an attorney. I have excellent pictures and receipts for the charges due. Can you help me with the next process I need to do.

Thank-you, Donna:)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

seniorjudge

You will need to file in regular court since the amount you want is above the small claims limit.

If you don't know how to do that, you have to hire a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">