• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Law Firm harassing me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amahkovi

Can law firm add charges after I've already made payment arrangements?

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

On October 22, 2004 a decision was made against me for the amount of a medical bill that my daughter had incurred while she was in an RTF. The Magistrate did rule in my favor to some extent, she removed the lawyers fees and costs and only placed judgment against me for the amount of the bill. The attending Attorney was not happy with this decision, but I had proved where the medical provider did not follow proper precedure when submitting the claim.

I had 30 days to pay or make payment arrangements. I made payment arrangements with the medical provider. They cashed my first check on December 15, 2004. My second payment was mailed this past Friday for my January payment.

On January 3, I received notice that the judgment was placed with the Protonary's office, not sure if this is just the normal process or not. On January 22, 2005 I received a letter from the Attorney's office saying I had to show up at a deposition and bring proof of all assets owned, all banking accounts and so on.

The have since increased the amount owed to by an additonal $400. This is a collection fee. For what? I have made payment arrangments and I have complied with them to date. I have responded to them stating such facts.

Should this judgment have been listed with the Prothonotary's office since I have made arrangements to pay?

Do I have to show up for this deposition, the paper work is not signed by a Judge?

Do I have to pay the additional amount that they are adding to this?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">