• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Law regarding political protest.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grindel1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington D.C. or any federal reserve land defined as a national park. If I were to go onto the Closed national park land such as the national mall in D.C. And I were arrested and detained for trespassing would I have a tort action against the arresting agency for false arrest and false imprisonment?

My thoughts is that I would have a case would be because those lands belong to the public as they are paid for by our tax dollars making each citizen a de facto share holder. Historical precedent there have been several protest on the national mall on previous occasions. It is my position that the national park service cannot "close" a federal reserve to the general public if that reserve is accessible to the general public at all times on any other occasion. I believe that president is on my side of the as these area's have never been closed in any previous government shutdown.

please include sources with answer

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington D.C. or any federal reserve land defined as a national park. If I were to go onto the Closed national park land such as the national mall in D.C. And I were arrested and detained for trespassing would I have a tort action against the arresting agency for false arrest and false imprisonment?

My thoughts is that I would have a case would be because those lands belong to the public as they are paid for by our tax dollars making each citizen a de facto share holder. Historical precedent there have been several protest on the national mall on previous occasions. It is my position that the national park service cannot "close" a federal reserve to the general public if that reserve is accessible to the general public at all times on any other occasion. I believe that president is on my side of the as these area's have never been closed in any previous government shutdown.

please include sources with answer
We don't do homework or deal in hypotheticals. :cool:

www.google.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">