• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

law suite

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rubin

What is the name of your state? TN

I hired a lawyer to do my immigration work ( This firm had filed my paper work before , They filed the paper work and I paid evrything As agreed)That was 2001. After that I had problem and my firm which sponsored me was going bankcrupt so I called in again the same firm to file my paper work for new firm , for almost 6 months from Nov 2002 to april 2003 nothing was done and I kept on calling this office . and finally I hired another lawyer from other state and filed the paper work.
Now this firm has filed a civil law suit agains me for the paper work which were never filed nor posted to me . The total amount is $1000 . I cannot pay this much amount so I called the lawyer and they say , That I have to pay this amount even if the firm has done nothing??Is this justice!! But I stll called the lawfirm and talked about it and agreeed for $ 500. I can pay $50 and no more than that every month!!
I have a family of 4 and my wife doesnot work. I have mortagage and other expense to take care. The lawyer has sent me another letter saying that I have to pay this money every week and by Jan 1,2005 I have to pay evverything otherwise they will proceed with the law suite. I dont know what to do. I am not in a position to pay by Jan 2005.(Althogh they have not done anything with my paper work)

Help me plees > i dont want any court problems. But at the same time this is so unjust!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">