• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit Filed - Pro Se - Need a few answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pirgulation

What is the name of your state? Missouri 5th Circuit

2 years ago, I was searched and some personal property taken, which was supposed to be returned when the case was completely finished. The prosecution said that they wouldnt give it back without me filing in court.

So I filed for Replevin in the 5th Circuit Associate Court.. I'm doing this myself since I'm unable to afford a lawyer, nor is my property worth what it would cost.

To date I've filed the petition for replevin (complaint), and today I filed a plaintiffs request for discovery. I guess I did this a tad wrong? So I figure I better get some help. What I did was I wrote the request, and faxed & mailed it to the 'defendant' (which is the prosecutors office), and then I called and mailed a copy to the court clerk..

(What did i Do wrong there?)

Anyhow from everything I read thats what I was supposed to do, plus included was a certificate of service and fax confirmation report.

I filed this lawsuit on Friday 11-29-04, and on 11-1 i received a trial date & case number etc from the clerk..

I plan on filing a 'motion in limine' as well prior to the trial.. My understanding is, i send it the same way, send a copy to the defendant (and fax) + file it with the court.. (am I correct?)

I really appreciate any help I can get here.. I'm not quite sure what exactly it is I 'need' to do..

Thanx - Bryan / Pirgulation

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">