• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawsuit if any

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mgh

What is the name of your state?OH

I recently enlisted in the army, it was one excuse after another b4 they finally accepted me to go. After they sent me to reception which is b4 basic training, they decided that i was unfit because of a tatoo on my lower back. (which they approved b4 sending me.) My drill sarg. didnt like it and instead of sending me home right away, they kept me there for about a month. While there i was supposed to be paid, but there was a "mix up" and my pay was supposed to be given to me in 2 weeks. In which time I came home, and pay day came and went with no pay. They said it would be another 2 to 4 weeks before i get paid. And gave no explaination as to why. My question is can I or do I have grounds for filing a suit against the government for all the BS they have been feeding me. There are a few other things they misrepresented to me also. Trying to make this short. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanx

BelizeBreeze

I got my first paycheck 4 weeks into basic and that was without a screwup.

Forget suing the government. It can't be done in your situation. The best you can hope for is to contact the idiot recruiter who allowed you to enter and ask for information on how to contact the army disbursement officer.

mgh

thanx. and i have talked to my recruiter and he doesnt seem to be helping me its outta his hands. it is no wonder why our government is in such bad shape.

badapple40

BelizeBreeze said:
I got my first paycheck 4 weeks into basic and that was without a screwup.

Forget suing the government. It can't be done in your situation. The best you can hope for is to contact the idiot recruiter who allowed you to enter and ask for information on how to contact the army disbursement officer.
Yes it can -- this is a military pay claim that can be brought in the Federal Court of Claims. Whether or not it is cost effective to do so, well, thats another question all together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">