• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit Options??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pyrandrax

Im Quite confused and was hoping someone can help me.

My Fiancee used to date a guy about 10 years ago they went out only a few times but hes been stalking her ever since making threats against her new boyfriends well I started dating her and the threats started again

He txt msgs her 15 - 20 times a day e-mails her. Then he started sending me e-mails telling me he was having me followed and he would shoot me in the back. I didnt take him seriously

Well last night he tried to make good on his threats by showing up at my front door with a "freind" who both proceded to throw punches when i opened the door. I didnt get hurt badly but they did manage to give me a very nice black eye and cracked a tooth.

We Filed a police report and they are going to charge him with aggrivated assult and home invasion.

Now im a Consultant and My Clients would be very unnerved If I show up at thier site toting a black eye like a common thug. A Few of them are very old fashion and I am afraid I will Lose thier busniess if I show up looking like this.

Do I have any legal options in filing a Civil Suit against said "Stalker"?
Do I have any legal options in recovering Lost income should I lose Clients over this?
Where should I Start I have never been involved in any legal problems before?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">