• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal to draw with chalk on sidewalks?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

OMG. You must be kidding me. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS there very well could be a law applicable to wherever the original poster is in Ontario Canada that specifically prohibits writing in chalk on a public sidewalk. I am sorry if you felt that I implied that such a law did not exist or could not exist. Do you feel better now?

And once again, I have no problem agreeing with the obvious. Ontario is a province in Canada and Canada is not part of the US. But I am not sure why you felt compelled to point that out. Did anyone suggest that the original poster was not in Ontario Canada or that Ontario Canada was part of the US?
I thought you might be smart enough to realize all of this but your posts in this thread had me concerned. ;)

TigerD

I had to read this to figure out how a thread with Canada as a declared location got to two pages.

Somehow I feel dumber for that effort.

DC

quincy

I had to read this to figure out how a thread with Canada as a declared location got to two pages.

Somehow I feel dumber for that effort.

DC
Ha. I discovered it is hard to find different ways to say the exact same thing. US law only. Canada is not in the US. Laws vary between countries. This forum addresses US law questions. The poster is not in the US. ... :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
OMG. You must be kidding me. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS there very well could be a law applicable to wherever the original poster is in Ontario Canada that specifically prohibits writing in chalk on a public sidewalk. I am sorry if you felt that I implied that such a law did not exist or could not exist. Do you feel better now?
You implied no such thing. You stated it as a fact.

Try again ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">