• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter from the dean at my school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curious90

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in texas, and got a letter from my dean and I am unsure what I did. They sent me a letter saying that "these allegations would be failing to sections of the code of conduct", the sections were G and B which is posted below:

B. Acts Affecting the University Community; including but not limited to –
1. Interfering with university or university-sponsored activities including, teaching, learning and/or research including international travel.
2. Interfering with any university emergency or public safety function, such as fire, police or emergency services.
3. Engaging in disorderly or obscene conduct including recording another’s image in violation of their reasonable expectation of privacy and without effective consent.
4. Breaching the peace, or aiding, abetting or inciting another to breach the peace.
5. Failing to comply with a reasonable directive of a university official, including campus police and DOS officials acting in performance of their official duties.

G. Violations of International, Federal, State or Local laws (whether convicted or not) or other University Policies.

they sent me a statement form, which I have no idea to put on the form. Would the fifth amendment apply here and would I need a lawyer to fight this?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in texas, and got a letter from my dean and I am unsure what I did. They sent me a letter saying that "these allegations would be failing to sections of the code of conduct", the sections were G and B which is posted below:

1. Interfering with university or university-sponsored activities including, teaching, learning and/or research including international travel.
2. Interfering with any university emergency or public safety function, such as fire, police or emergency services.
3. Engaging in disorderly or obscene conduct including recording another’s image in violation of their reasonable expectation of privacy and without effective consent.
4. Breaching the peace, or aiding, abetting or inciting another to breach the peace.
5. Failing to comply with a reasonable directive of a university official, including campus police and DOS officials acting in performance of their official duties.

G. Violations of International, Federal, State or Local laws (whether convicted or not) or other University Policies.

they sent me a statement form, which I have no idea to put on the form. Would the fifth amendment apply here and would I need a lawyer to fight this?
Perhaps the first thing that you should do is take the letter to the Dean's office and ask for an explanation if the letter really does not tell you exactly what you are being accused of doing.

TigerD

Talk to a lawyer before saying anything to the Dean - or making a statement. Definitely send a letter back asking for a more definitive explanation of the charges; but don't say anything until you talk to an attorney. Anything you say in the school's disciplinary process can be used in the state's criminal process.

DC

Just Blue

Px Hx.

;););)

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in texas, and got a letter from my dean and I am unsure what I did. They sent me a letter saying that "these allegations would be failing to sections of the code of conduct", the sections were G and B which is posted below: . . . .
Flash! "Dean indicts militant matriculant. Follow up to follow.(?)"

[SUP](Anchor to side kick off camera: “Whose writing this s___?)[/SUP]

curious90

Perhaps the first thing that you should do is take the letter to the Dean's office and ask for an explanation if the letter really does not tell you exactly what you are being accused of doing.
I tried calling and sending them an email but have gotten no response.

>Charlotte<

Lurker

It's hard to believe you have no idea what you may have done to be issued such a notice. Do you really have no recollection of having done anything, or did you just not want to go into detail here? If you honestly have no idea, you can't even begin to make any sort of rational decision without knowing what you're supposed to have done. Find out.

Just Blue

It's hard to believe you have no idea what you may have done to be issued such a notice. Do you really have no recollection of having done anything, or did you just not want to go into detail here? If you honestly have no idea, you can't even begin to make any sort of rational decision without knowing what you're supposed to have done. Find out.
Oh! OP knows what OP has done. Without a doubt.

Just Blue

I dunno, maybe not if he's as clueless as he seems. I'm not sure sure he has a very tight grip on the concept of personal responsibility. But I do think you're probably right and he's just trying to be coy.
OP is likely asking another site how the term/meaning coy relates to him/her/bf/gf/bff/nextdoor neighbor/downthestreetperson/internetstranger/randomgoldfish.
;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">