• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

litigation expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rhh

What is the name of your state?ca

ok, per my attorney, we are looking at an expensive case...age descrimination and wrongful termination. so, now that i read the contract...uopn settlement, he gets his out-of-pocket expenses first, then 40% of the recover or 45 % if it goes to trial.

his % seems high.....can that be negotiated? or waste of my time?

out-of-pocket costs.....how can i avoid simply giving him a blank check? i'm not comfortable with this scenario. i understand the cost of the expert witnesses, etc. but why am i expected to pay for his staff and copies @ .50 per? what is the % fee for?

thanks in advance...

badapple40

That is B.S.

He should be charging around 1/3 (33%) if he is NOT fronting the costs (which he is not). Keep shopping around and don't go with this guy.

One caveat, if he pays for the costs of this thing, 40% or 45% is not unheard of.

rhh

a little more detail would be appreciated.....

what should be expected to pay for in the end. what should be his cost?

what if any should be shared?

what is negotiable?

thanks again....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">