• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Litigation impasse !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JabbaTheNut

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

Are there any other options for me than a motion to dismiss with prejudice to enforce a full discovery request from the plaintiff (a validation letter, production of documents - a full account's history, and answers to the interrogatories) to admit or deny all allegations and avoid a default Judgment ?
They sent cc monthly statements only, which is unsatisfactory to me. Is this enough to validate the debt to the Judge ?
A motion to compel did not work effectively for me. I didn't get an Court's order.
The plaintiff has objected and filed for a protective order before for all discoveries, and now has filed a motion to compel better answers to interrogatories, production of documents and admissions. They didn't get a protective order.
I've stated before that I do not have any records or knowledge. If I don't comply they request to strike all my admission and than default judgment. No response from the Court yet.
What is your opinion on this ? What I have to do ? Your expertise will be greatly appreciate.
Thanks you so much in advance for your response. Best regards.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

Are there any other options for me than a motion to dismiss with prejudice to enforce a full discovery request from the plaintiff (a validation letter, production of documents - a full account's history, and answers to the interrogatories) to admit or deny all allegations and avoid a default Judgment ?
They sent cc monthly statements only, which is unsatisfactory to me. Is this enough to validate the debt to the Judge ?
A motion to compel did not work effectively for me. I didn't get an Court's order.
The plaintiff has objected and filed for a protective order before for all discoveries, and now has filed a motion to compel better answers to interrogatories, production of documents and admissions. They didn't get a protective order.
I've stated before that I do not have any records or knowledge. If I don't comply they request to strike all my admission and than default judgment. No response from the Court yet.
What is your opinion on this ? What I have to do ? Your expertise will be greatly appreciate.
Thanks you so much in advance for your response. Best regards.
**A: and where is your attorney in all of this?

tranquility

He was advised by at least three knowledgable posters to get an attorney. I specifically told him he was practicing "fancy law" now (with his planned strategy) and he should be very careful or the court was going to come down hard on him.

The court has come down hard on him.

I don't think even a lawyer can save him now.

Chien gave some very good general tips, but either the die had already been cast or the OP decided to ignore them.

By the way, this is a duplicate thread.

HomeGuru

Well, some people alwyas try to get a second or third opinion. I give this OP an A for effort and an F for being Jabba the Fut.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">